You are here: Home College Students with Disabilities

College Students with Disabilities

Looking for information about accommodations for students with disabilities in college, programs for students with disabilities in college, or assistance and resources for students with disabilities? These organizations will help you get started.

ACCSES: ACCSES is dedicated to improving independent living, education, and employment for people with disabilities.

Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD): A network of interdisciplinary centers advancing policy and practice for and with individuals with developmental and other disabilities, their families, and communities.

Council on International Educational Exchange: Since 1947, CIEE: Council on International Educational Exchange, has been in pursuit of its mission, "to help people gain understanding, acquire knowledge, and develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world."

HEATH Resource Center: An “online clearinghouse on postsecondary education for individuals with disabilities,” this is an extraordinarily content-rich, informative, and current source of information for students with disabilities, their parents, and others seeking to navigate the challenging landscape of higher education and disability. An invaluable resource.

Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation: MEAF gives grants to organizations throught the U.S. that are dedicated to the inclusion in the community of young people of disabilities.

National Center on Secondary Education and Transition: The National Center on Secondary Education and Transition (NCSET) coordinates national resources, offers technical assistance, and disseminates information related to secondary education and transition for youth with disabilities in order to create opportunities for youth to achieve successful futures.

Services for Students with DisabilitiesSSD is dedicated to providing equal opportunites and accessible education for students with disabilities.


Enter your email address to subscribe to our legislative updates.